(As of: August 22, 2014)
The Information We Collect
We explain the two ways that we collect and process information about you.
Information You Provide to Us
Account Information: You create an account and provide us with information in order to use certain services or to take advantage of special offers. If you create an account on the BU Food app, we may store and use information such as your full name and email address. You may provide this information directly to us or you may choose to register using your Facebook account in which case you would authorize us to access certain Facebook profile information including, but not limited to, your first name, last name, gender, birth date and email address. Please be mindful that your username from your email address, as well as your Facebook photo or any photo you submit through the registration process, will be displayed as part of your account profile. You can always edit some of the information associated with your account here, or if you believe that an unauthorized account has been created using your name, or likeness, you can request its removal.
Public Content: You may also choose to rate items on the menu. This information is aggregated anonymously to determine users satisfaction ratings. Your information is not displayed publicly nor is your specific rating on any item.
Contacts: You have the option to invite those of your friends that you think would like to join the Services, by providing their contact information. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Services, we will only use your friend’s contact information to process your requests.
Communications: If you participate in a survey, poll, promotion, contest, or sweepstakes; submit a customer service or other inquiry to us; request to receive certain communications from us; or contact us about employment opportunities posted to the Services, we may collect contact information such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number.
Information We Collect When you Use the Services
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
1 IP address of your computer
2 Unique mobile device identifier
3 Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, web browser (Internet Explorer 8, etc.), other browser information (e.g. size, connection speed and connection type), and operating system or platform (Mac, Windows XP, etc.)
4 Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.)
5 Your mobile device's geographic location (specific geographic location if you've enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically).
6 Internet provider (Verizon, Comcast, etc.) or mobile carrier name (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.)
8 Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, comments, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, how long you visited our Services, etc.)
9 Communications between you and other users or merchants through our Services
How to Disable the Collection of Mobile Device Location Information. When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may need to collect and process information about your actual GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing our services. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the relevant feature. If you do not want your location information collected when you use the Services from a mobile device, please follow these instructions:
• If you are using an Apple device, click on “General,” then “Reset,” then “Reset Location and Privacy.” This will turn off location functionality for all of your applications so that the next time you download or use an application, you will be asked again to provide your consent for us and others to access your location information.
• If you are using an Android device, visit device settings, click “Location,” and then click the boxes for the particular applications for which you would like to disable location services.
• If your device changes the above methods of disabling the collection of mobile device location, please contact your device manufacturer or platform provider to determine how to disable the collection of this information.
Cookies, Mobile Device IDs and Online Advertising:
We use your unique mobile device ID number to recognize you when you use the application, to store your preferences and settings and to track your use of our Services. Advertising companies may also use and store your mobile device ID to track your use of the Services, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and show ads that they consider relevant to you in various mobile services that you use.If you are using an iOS device and you do not want to receive tailored in-application ads that relate to your interests, you may opt-out by accessing the following link on your device: . If you are using an Android device and you do not wish to receive tailored in-application ads, you can visit Google’s page from a browser on your device and make your choices there. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving tailored in-application ads; thus, you should contact the platform provider if the above options are no longer available
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Respond to your queries.
• Understand our users (their demographics, what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve our Services, such as by personalizing content to your interests, process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
• Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
• Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you. When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from DevXApp and BU Food itself. You can manage your email preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from DevXApp. If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services. If you send information from the Services to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
• Enable us to show you ads on our website and in our mobile applications that are more relevant to you.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We will share your information in the following ways:
• We use outside vendors for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other BU Food members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us, that involve collection of information from our users. We may share information about you with these vendors to enable them to perform their services.
• We may share your information with our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company DevXApp
• We may disclose data we collect about you when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
• If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of some or all of our assets).
• We may use and disclose non-personal information (e.g., de-identified or aggregate data) to third parties. This includes anonymous user information about your usage of the app.
Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, please contact the DevXApp:
Attn: Privacy Requests
PO BOX 410035
St. Louis, MO 63141
If you would like to permanently delete your DevXApp account, please contact us via the “Contact Us” link.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to and misuse of the information we collect, including technological and physical security measures as well as procedural safeguards. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you.
How Long We Keep Data About You
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to make the information you provide anonymous to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
Children Under 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. You hereby represent that you are at least 13.
Consent to Transfer of Information
If you have any question about our privacy practices, you can contact us via our website or writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Requests
PO BOX 410035
St. Louis, MO 63141